When was the last time you washed your garage door? Here at D & D Garage Doors, we know there are other areas in your home you would rather clean before tackling your garage door, but it isn’t any less important! When it comes to cleaning your garage, there is a specific way you should clean it to ensure you are not ruining the door or its material. Here’s how to wash your Clopay Garage Door.
Here’s a breakdown of how you should clean your garage door.
- Simply hose it off. Take your home’s hose and thoroughly spray down your door. Be sure to remove all dirt and debris during this process.
- Wash it with a light detergent. In a bucket, mix a light detergent with water. Take a sponge or rag and dip into the mixture. Once the material is fully soaked, begin to wipe down your door. Make sure to hit every area of your door with the mixture.
- Rinse off the soap when completed. After you have thoroughly washed your door, take the hose and spray off the leftover soap suds. This will make sure no leftover soap scum remains on the door.
- Repeat this process. If you live on the coast or in rural areas, it is best to repeat this process a couple of times to ensure your door is thoroughly cleaned.
- Wax your garage door. If you live on the coast, one thing you may want to consider is waxing your door. It’s not as hard as it sounds! All you need to do is purchase a spray-on wax and apply it when the door is wet and then wipe it off.
- Dry your door. Take a completely dry towel and wipe down your door. This is to make sure that your finish is complete and there is no lingering dirt or debris.
If you have any further questions about how to wash your garage door, our D & D Garage Team is here to help. Just give us a call today or visit our contact page!